So we arrived at this property to find the current decking area cornered off by hazard tape and chicken wire. The owners were looking to sell and they knew the deck require a lot of love to get it up to scratch. We demo'd the whole area due to the amount of water rot present in all decking boards and joists. Up went the new frame, with brand new full length decking boards. We also noted the handrail was not compliant for the height of the deck, so we increased the rail height by adding a decorative topper. We then sanded every inch of the steel handrail, removing the surface rust and re-coating a modern gloss black. We removed the patio frame attached to the house and replaced all of the stair treads. We then finished the decking in a stunning stain, painting the complete underside of the decking area and posts to complete the look. What a difference it made to the look of the house!